A couple of new features have been released about God’s and King’s. One of them is quite astonishing is the fact that it includes 27 new units… A very big jump. Especially in these new released features is combat updates that play a big roll. As said here buy Apolyton.com
The Civilization 5 addon Gods and Kings adds 27 new units to the game and changes the combat system. Here are the details:
- All unit values were completely revised.
- More early (WW1) aircrafts.
- Naval units have been split into two types: Naval melee and naval ranged units. (Ed Beach)
- Melee ships can pillage or capture cities. (Ed Beach)
- Embarked units now have Defensive Embarkation.
- Embarked land units can be stacked with naval units. (Ed Beach)
- Units have now 100 hitpoints instead of 10, so that the combat system can be better fine tuned. (Ed Beach)
- The damage a unit makes has been increased from 4-8 to 24-36.
- So far 2 units could destroy a unit of equal strength, now 3.5 units are needed to destroy a unit of equal strength.
- This makes it more difficult to defeat cities and units.
- Catapults for instance can now survive a melee attack.
- The AI (artificial inteligence) can compose its armies better.
- The AI can plan and execute sea invasions within 10 turns instead of 50-60 turns.
- Completed the Archer upgrade path: Archer -> Composite Archer -> Gatling Gunner -> Machine Gunner (added) (Ed Beach)
- After a promotion a unit’s health is only restored up to 50%.